Re: [Evolution] Gmail + Sent Messages to a local folder

THOMAS:(I was thinking everybody would have noticed this)
but as always is, interesting points have come up in such a long
discussion, eg. this following one:
PATRICK:(I was thinking everybody would have noticed this)
Gmail stores a copy of every message you send in its Sent Mail folder
(this is not configurable), so when using it from Evolution it makes
sense to set Evo's Sent Messages to a local folder.
THOMAS AGAIN:(I was thinking everybody would have noticed this)
Could anyone (particularly Patrick who raised it) amplify this idea a
little, notably the advantage over the gmail server's SENT folder (as
I'm using gmail with its server located SENT folder without prejudice
so
far) ?

First of all, please learn how to quote properly in replies. The above
text doesn't distinguish between what I wrote and what you said about
it.

So, would you give me some proper instructions ?

Regarding Gmail: there isn't much to be said. Gmail stores all sent
mail in the Sent Mail folder (of course Gmail doesn't actually use
folders, it's really the Sent Mail label, but when accessing it via
IMAP it appears as a folder). (Note that this will also happen if you
use POP). The following is copied directly from the Help menu item on
IMAP on the Gmail site:

Here you forgot to tell us that all seen below is about Outlook Express,
what I don't give a monkey's ...

    Sending:

    Do not save sent messages on the server. If your client is sending
    mail through Gmail's SMTP server, your sent messages will be
    automatically copied to the [Gmail]/Sent Mail folder.
    DO save draft messages on the server. If you want your drafts in
    your mail client to sync correctly with Gmail's web interface, set
    your client to save drafts to the [Gmail]/Drafts folder.

    Deleting:

    Do not save deleted messages on the server. Messages that are
    deleted from an IMAP folder (except for those in [Gmail]/Spam or
    [Gmail]/Trash) only have that label removed and still exist in All
    Mail. Hence, your client doesn't need to store an extra copy of a
    deleted message.
    Do not save deleted messages to your [Gmail]/Trash folder because
    this will delete a message in all folders.
    Do not save deleted messages to your [Gmail]/All Mail folder as some
    clients will try to empty this folder and ultimately fail. This can
    lead to delayed mail access or excessive battery consumption on a
    mobile device.

    Junk mail and spam:

    Do not enable your client's junk mail filters. Gmail's spam filters
    also work in your IMAP client, and we recommend turning off any
    additional anti-spam or junk mail filters within your client. Your
    client's filter will attempt to download and classify all of your
    existing messages, which may slow down your client until the process
    is complete.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78892?hl=en where it's copied
from doesn't have an answer for Evolution :-(