Re: [Evolution] linking to google calendar

I am brand new to evolution mail and calendar and am keep to use
them.

I managed to link the calendar to my google calendar but I have a
couple of questions:
I also have a google calendar and link it into evolution, but read-only.
When I have to add something to the google calendar on the desktop, I
use the web interface at https://calendar.google.com. This allows also
to import and export calendar events. It keeps things separate and you
don't have to worry about security issues.

What "security issues" are you talking about?

Why even bother with Evolution in that case - if you have to open a web
interface to update something, why not just keep the web interface open
all the time.

TBH you probably have more security and privacy issues using a web
browser for that sort of thing than using Evolution with accounts
provisioned using GoA and/or OAuth2

P.