Re: [Evolution] Duplicated messages in search folders

I prefer to keep messages in Trash for some time in case I change my
mind.  Can Evolution be configured not to include messages in Trash in
my search folders?

Unless you have specifically changed the configuration, the Trash is
not a real folder, it's virtual.  The deleted messages are still in
their original folder, just marked as deleted.  Turn on the "Show
deleted messages" in the View menu so that you can see them.  As such
excluding Trash from your searches probably wouldn't help.

 I hope there is a better option than editing each
search folder, selecting 'Search Folder Sources: Specific folders' and
manually selecting all folders except Trash.  I would have to
continuously maintain the search folders in case I create or subscribe
to a new folder.

You could try adding the condition "Status" "is not" "deleted" to the
search rule.

P.