[Evolution] Applying filters fails due to 'empty cache file'

Hi,

Running Evolution 3.18.4 with an EWS and IMAP account ( self-hosted,
dovecot 2.2.13 ) .

I have defined filters in Evolution for the IMAP account which are
applied only to the INBOX. When fiters are applied by Evolution they
often fail with

  Execution of filter '0000_Emails to me' failed: Empty cache file:
/home/robert/.cache/evolution/mail/1450369298 27733 4 $HOSTNAMEfolders/INBOX/cur/3c/19687

($HOSTNAME is expanded to its actual value, I just used a placeholder)

That does not happen when I apply the filters manually.

I did not find anything relevant in bugzilla. Is this a known issue?
Should I file a bug?

Thanks,

Robert

--