[Evolution] EWS operations using a single queue?

Hi,

Using evolution{,-ews} 3.18.4, server is outlook.com .

I often notice that 'big' operations tend to block others from
happening. A couple of examples:

- expunding the 'deleted items' folder when it has a large number of
messages ( 2k+ )
- downloading a large number of messages, usually after not connecting
for a long time

When this kind of operation is executed all others are queued, including:

- retrieving a single message
- storing folder state ( reading messages, moving to another folder)

When the 'big' operation takes a long time, all the others are blocked
( I sometimes see dozens to pending operations ) leading to a poor
user experience.

Can this be improved somehow? I guess there are a couple of options

1. Splitting big operations in smaller chunks ( e.g. delete messages
in batches of 100, I noticed the outlook.com web UI does this ) and
interleave them with more recent tasks
2. Process more than one tasks at a time

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Robert

--