Re: [Evolution] calendar timeout? -

On Tue, 2016-02-02 at 11:55 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:
when booting my computer, evo and chromium-browser are launched
automatically. Whenever doing so, I get timeout messages for all my
CalDAV accounts. After manually reconnecting, a message "Failed to
prompt for credentials for ''   " appears.

Does this happen only initially and it works subsequently?  Or does it
'always' happen?    I use Evolution with numerous CardDAV/CalDAV
connections, on servers that are not terribly fast, and I do not see
any credentials errors.   The "Failed to prompt for credentials for ''
  " is suspiciously specific ...  are you certain this is not some
other type of problem?  Authentication/keyring/etc...

Under normal operation conditions, the timeout message comes back
infrequently. Sometimes then, I cannot save new calendar entries.

Enable debugging and see what happens.

Run evolution-calendar-factory in a terminal with something like
 CALDAV_DEBUG={all|message:body|message:header|message|items|attachment
s} evolution-calendar-factory >& logfileMultiple options can be
specified as a comma-separated list.

The fact that the CalDAV/CardDAV server is unreachable is not so
unlikely to happen to my experience. So I think,  contacts and
calendar entries should be saved locally in the case the server is
unreachable, and synced back later.

Contacts at least are saved locally for offline operation.

--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010