Re: [Evolution] calendar timeout? -

The fact that the CalDAV/CardDAV server is unreachable is not so
unlikely to happen to my experience. So I think,  contacts and calendar
entries should be saved locally in the case the server is unreachable,
and synced back later.

I think it's very easy to say that, but not so easy to implement.  For
instance, what do you mean by "sync" - just a matter of blindly copying
the information to the server when it becomes available? What if the
information on the server has changed?  There is a world of difference
programatically between "write pending change" and "merge differences".

As for your problems - have you tried running Evolution from the
command line to see if there is something else causing the problems?
What about with debugging enabled?  It may be that what Evo is
reporting as timeout errors is actually something else.

P.