Re: [Evolution] configuring evolution for offline use

On Mon, 2016-12-05 at 05:37 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:

On Sun, 2016-12-04 at 02:37 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:

Are those the right choices? Some of the folders are quite large
(mailing list archives with thousands of messages), and evolution seems
to be syncing almost continuously, so maybe some of the options are
unnecessary (or maybe I need to set something else too)?

There's no need for "always check for new mail in this folder" if
you're already checking in all subscribed folders. That's probably why
it's syncing all the time.

OK, thanks for the suggestion - will try.

Be sure to take Evo offline explicitly before disconnecting your
machine.

Hmmm, what's the consequence of not doing this? It's not always
predictable when the machine will be offline - for example when
traveling by train, the network may be inaccessible unpredictably.
Similarly for various wifis provided by airlines.

Nothing bad, just that your local cache won't be updated until you
reconnect. It was more in the nature of a suggestion as I had assumed
you were deliberately disconnecting.

poc