Re: [Evolution] Bouncing emails

On Fri, 2016-08-05 at 05:47 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Fri, 2016-08-05 at 00:00 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

As Adam already mentioned, there is a Redirect feature (it's under
Message->Forward though semantically it doesn't really belong there
IMHO). This is something that at one time all mail clients had, and
Evolution still does though most people aren't aware of it.

While this keeps the original formatting, without adding a "forward"
text, it doesn't return to sender. This mail From: Patrick
O'Callaghan,
To: evolution-list gets redirected to evolution-list and not to
Patrick
O'Callaghan. It's the same for private messages, without a mailing
list
header, a mail from somebody to me, gets redirected to me. Doing the
same with Claws, you get the original formatting, without "forward"
text, too, but you need to add a recipient manually.

It belongs to "forward", since it's the same kind of formatting, just
without the additional text.

And it doesn't happen automatically.

It would be possible to create a filter rule for sender and pipe mails
from somebody to a program, e.g. to a script using sendmail or a
sendmail replacement such as msmtp.