Re: [Evolution] Change default "from" address with GMail (Gnome Online Account)

On Sun, 2016-04-10 at 07:23 +0000, Chris Black wrote:
I need to set the "From" address for a GMail account linked to
Evolution via Gnome Online Accounts.  Setting "Reply-to" isn't
enough, since people still accidentally end up saving and using the
"From" address anyway.  Gmail's web interface and Thunderbird both
allow this, but in Evolution I can only find an option to type it
manually per-message.

To change the From: address in Gmail you need to setup a second address
and server that Gmail uses to send the email through.  You use the same
technique in Evolution - setup a new account with a "Receiving" option
of "None" and correctly fill in the outgoing server/username/password.
The From: address will now appear in a dropdown at the top of the
message.

P.