Re: [Evolution] evolution 3.10 not sending messages from one of my mail acounts

El jue, 24-09-2015 a las 02:30 +0200, Ángel González escribió:
Hola Clara, Milan

I see two things with the ono server:
1. There's a short timeout for the smtp transaction.
2. After providing a bad password with AUTH PLAIN, it (sometimes)
closes the connection with a RST.

It's this connection reset what ends up with the "(null) received" in
the logs and "service not connected" in the UI.

Thus, I think that the problem is that while typing the password, the
timeout expires and the connection is reset. It's wrong for evolution
to treat that as "successfully sent" though, and 3.16.5 correctly
treats it as failing.

I would copy the password in the clipboard and send an email, so that I
can paste it in a very short time. Providing a wrong password ONO
returned an error message and I received a new password prompt (which
then failed in the above way), but it should hopefully work for your
account.

If that still fails, you could take advantage of evolution sendmail
sending interface and configure a forwarder like ssmtp for using your
ono account. Assuming that it works, you could have evolution receiving
mails natively (as that works) and sending mails by handing out the
messages to ssmtp (which would do the hard work).

Best regards