[Evolution] Messages with large text attachments bog Evolution down

Yesterday a customer sent me an email with a long (400kB) text file
attached.

Clicking on the mail seriously bogs Evolution down -- I believe that
Evolution is trying to display the text attachment inline, and that
rather than doing it by whatever chunk is visible, it's trying to suck
the whole thing into memory, then format it, etc., before showing it.

It's a severe problem.  I had the guy trained not to do that but to send
zip files, but he's back-slid, and I don't like asking customers to
change their ways just because my email client acts oddly sometimes.

Is there a way to tell Evolution to NOT automagically expand text
attachments by default?

TIA.

--

Tim Wescott