[Evolution] keyring & my Workaround

Hy folks,

After a debian 8.2, KDE, btrfs 64bit, 8GB RAM reinstallation

I had the situation
evolution keeps asking for password
This
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1299604
was not helpfull.
My solution is this workaround

First: Disable Keyring daemon
If you want to disable the gnome-keyring-daemon, so it does not start
automatically at every system start by GDM or since Ubuntu 11.10 by
LightDM, you have to use an editor [2] with root privileges the
following two lines from the file / etc / pam.d / GDM respectively
remove /etc/pam.d/lightdm:
### auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
### session optional pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
after this steps

Uninstall Seahorse = Keyring daemon successor

restart the computer with a cold start
install the keepass2
After Synaptic / Shell Installation

alt + F2
keepass2 + enter

load of the http://keepass.info/translations.html the language file
downloaded.
Then unzip it and you will get a file like German.lngx.
The German.lngx file you copy to the directory / usr / lib / keepass2
This goes in the root shell with two methods
cp source path / German.lngx / usr / lib / keepass2
or with
nemo
or with
mc (= Midnight Commander etc.)

Follow the guide at the first start

in the menu bar klic on \ Edit \ Add Entry
Enter the provider name or own Note for the title
Enter the mail address for the user name
Enter the mail address account password in the line Password
one clic on the 3 dots shows you the plaintext for your controll
CTRL + S saves the database changes
sign off/on and the evolution password problem is gone

I hope it helps

cheers
Ralph

-------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------Von: Milan Crha