Re: [Evolution] Evolution not connecting to my network

Milan, the link you kindly gave me was helpful. It recommended the
following:

If you want to force Evolution to be in online mode, make sure that
Evolution is not running and open a Terminal window and type the
following command:

         GIO_USE_NETWORK_MONITOR=base evolution

This worked, although the first time I ran it, my system crashed so
badly I had to do a hard reboot.

The question now is how to get this command to run when I click the
desktop icon.

Anyway, your link was helpful - many thanks.