Re: [Evolution] Can't post to Usenet news groups.

n Pet, 2014-02-07 at 09:03 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:

Its "only" issue is sending messages there, you still can read from
it. As this is minor, its priority is pretty low, with compare to
other evolution/-data-server parts, thus brokeness in IMAPx and
similar (always) get above this NNTP part

Let me just say that few days ago I switched to Evolution (mostly due to
the ability to easily sync calendars & contacts with ownCloud) and was
not expecting to have problem with such basic feature as posting to
newsgroups.

This issue is, for me, very close to IMAP-priority since all the
mailing lists I follow via I do via Gmane (NNTP).

Of course, the workaround would be to directly subscribe to all mailing
lists, but that also involves creating sorting rules for each one,
cleaning folders etc. while using NNTP is simply superior experience, at
least, for me. 😉

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a lamp in a windless place does not waver, so the transcendentalist,
whose mind is controlled, remains always steady in his meditation on the