Re: [Evolution] Upgrade Evolution outside of Ubuntu mechanism

On Fri, 2015-03-27 at 00:51 +0100, Ángel González wrote:
Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I wonder if Docker (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docker_(software))
could be a feasible distro-independant way of running Evo. Just a
thought as I have no direct experience with Docker.

poc

You could certainly run evolution inside a docker container. In the
end,
you would be running a different distribution than your main one
inside
a chroot, from which evolution would be started.

That's what I thought. It could be a way to provide modern versions of
Evo to distros that tend to lag behind (such as Ubuntu).

poc