Re: [Evolution] Upgrade Evolution outside of Ubuntu mechanism

On Wed, 2015-03-25 at 18:28 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I have Lubuntu 14.04, and I use Evolution.

Have you thought about using a different distribution other than Ubuntu?

It's a serious question and not meant to be the prompt for a long
discussion on distros, but if your current one is not providing you with
what you need, then there are plenty more out there.

<< other stuff snipped >>

Having used Ubuntu for ages and become used to its quirks, I'm not
really thrilled with finding out all the quirks of some other distro.

I'm not using Linux for the joy of playing around with an OS.  I'm using
Linux to get paying work done.  Changing distros is a significant and
definite hit on my ability to get paying work done, with no promise that
in the end the new distro will be any better than the last.

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com