Re: [Evolution] Edit an existing email?

On Thu, 2015-03-12 at 14:25 +0100, Matthijs van Wolferen LL.M wrote:
For one, you could argue about the security of e-mail compared to other
means of communication. However, opening up a possibility to change a
message at it is still on a server by  an outside party is inviting
fraud. The usability you have requested, notes in an e-mail and have it
available in all clients, can easily be achieved through either a "mail
to task" or "mail to note" command that is already available. A simple
flag-toggle will make it easy to find for later reference.

I don't know about anybody else, but I was never talking about changing
mail on some server.  I was talking about changing emails on my machine
that I have downloaded from a POP server.  I would really like to be
able to delete repeated parts of threads, add notes on how I responded,
etc.  Nobody else will ever see it.
Another change that would help with the same issues would be the ability
to save the reply message in the same folder with the received message,
rather than having it automatically go to the "Sent" folder.
Regards,
George Reeke