Re: [Evolution] Edit an existing email?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Bart Hollis <bart conures us> wrote:

I guess I don't understand.  I sure wouldn't want you to be able to
modify a message I sent to you and claim it was my message!  And, if it
was your message originally, you obviously wouldn't be able to change it
once it's on my machine!  (Yay POP!)  So, why would you want to change a
message after the fact?

I think this is a legitimate request for usability. I also sometimes find myself in corporate emailing to put some thoughts or notes onto emails that came from others, and I want this note to be available in all my clients.  Else I find myself putting such notes elsewhere, without a proper hard link to that email message.

If you need your email to be secure, you can sign it. The topic of such request, in my understanding, is not counterfeiting, since it can always be done if one wants it (even when simply forwarding!). Email is inherently not secure.

+1 from me on this request.

--
Emre