Re: [Evolution] Managing accounts

On Mon, 2015-03-09 at 12:15 -0400, John Thomas wrote:
I can't configure Evolution the way I need it.

Which version of Evolution is this about?

  I defined an account for my email service at mail.com.  Evolution
contacted the server on the internet and set up the contact
information.

BUT, I use ChoiceMail server to fetch my mail and filter it through
extensive White and Black lists that I have accumulated over several
years.  When I set it all up, I chose to use POP mail.  I reckon IMAP
was around at that time, but one didn't hear much about it.  It was
all about POP3.

If I get it right you'd like to switch from mail.com POP to ChoiceMail
IMAP?

So now I want to connect Evolution to my ChoiceMail server to get my
mail after my personal filtering.  However, there doesn't seem to be a
way to override the settings that were made for me.

I don't see something to override as this is a completely separate,
different account. Evolution allows defining several accounts:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-account-management.html

I don't expect to be FORCED to do anything on Linux.  I am a long time
power user.  This is disconcerting.

You're not forced to anything if I understand you correctly.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net