Re: [Evolution] Managing accounts

On Mon, 2015-03-09 at 12:15 -0400, John Thomas wrote:
I can't configure Evolution the way I need it.  I defined an account for my
email service at mail.com.  Evolution contacted the server on the internet
and set up the contact information.

BUT, I use ChoiceMail server to fetch my mail and filter it through
extensive White and Black lists that I have accumulated over several
years.  When I set it all up, I chose to use POP mail.  I reckon IMAP was
around at that time, but one didn't hear much about it.  It was all about
POP3.

So now I want to connect Evolution to my ChoiceMail server to get my mail
after my personal filtering.  However, there doesn't seem to be a way to
override the settings that were made for me.  I think I could change the
server address, but not the IMAP/POP setting.

I don't expect to be FORCED to do anything on Linux.  I am a long time
power user.  This is disconcerting.

No-one is forcing you to do anything, but you don't say a) which version
of Evolution you're talking about, nor b) what these settings are that
you don't like, or how you want to change them.

poc