Re: [Evolution] Mails lost with Evolution 3.10.4 on Mint Cinnamon

On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 17:03 +0200, Stephen Howe wrote:
If I knew more about how the mail is being downloaded and if I could
see
what is happening during the download process when it is interrupted,
then I'm sure i could find out what is going wrong.

You can capture a wealth of information from debugging messages, see
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging, so for example if you
are using POP (you still haven't clarified this) you could run Evo from
the command line thus:

CAMEL_DEBUG=pop3 evolution >& logfile

You might also consider using a proxy system such as fetchmail to
download your messages and feed them to Evo. Not somehing I do myself
but I know that some people use it.

poc