Re: [Evolution] Read-only CalDav accounts in Debian Jessie (3.12.9)

On Sat, 2015-06-27 at 23:03 -0400, listserves brandonllocke com wrote:
I'm having an issue with evolution that I cannot solve (but not for
lack of trying). Every time I add a calendar using CalDav from my
host (fastmail.com) it ends up being marked read-only. I do not have
this problem with IceDove/Lightning and I'm using all the same
settings.

        Hi,
the same question had been raised recently, please read these:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-May/msg00061.html
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-June/msg00168.html

I read something about this being an issue in 3.10 and 3.12 but they
both claim to have been fixed (if I'm reading it right). Am I stuck
with not using CalDav in 3.12.9?

There had been different issues with the read-only state of a CalDAV
calendars, some were evolution internal issues, others, like the one
with fastmail, is due to missing access right being advertised to the
client. Lightning may check different flags, I guess.
        Bye,
        Milan