Re: [Evolution] Ubuntu 15.10 Gnome and Evolution

On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 10:12 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
I posted on this list as the Ubuntu variant I tested is the one reportedly
built by the Gnome-3 team, and it uses the Gnome desktop, not the desktop
favored by Ubuntu developers.  Also, unlike the regular Ubuntu distros that
come from Canonical, this one had evolution installed,  No Thunderbird!

If you're using Ubuntu GNOME (good choice, I do too!) then you want to
be asking on the Ubuntu GNOME mailing list: again, this list is for
upstream development of Evolution and they have no input into what
versions of Evolution are packaged for any distribution: not Ubuntu, not
Fedora, not Debian, not Ubuntu GNOME.

The Ubuntu GNOME mailing list is here: ubuntu-gnome lists ubuntu com

However, my previous answer is true for them as well: although the
Ubuntu GNOME folks do provide a GNOME-based desktop rather than a
Unity-based desktop, they do not rebuild all the GNOME packages.  And in
particular they do not rebuild the Evolution package (at least not so
far): they simply use whatever Evolution package the Ubuntu team has
created.