Re: [Evolution] A note, an appeal

Am Samstag, den 18.07.2015, 09:04 -0700 schrieb Jeffrey Needle:
Okay, I don't suppose I'll get much help here, since I'm really not
versed in how to compile programs.  Downloading the source tarballs
and reading the Readme make me just shiver.  I can't do any of that.

I'm using Chromixium; the latest version of Evolution is 10.4.x.  Very
old.  No one at Debian (I guess) is keeping this updated, so we're
stuck with older versions.  And since Google deprecated their address
book access, there's no way I can see to sync Google contacts with
Evolution 10.4.x.

I've read the archives, and there's no help suggested.

So here's my question.  Is there someone out there willing to create
a .deb file of the latest Evolution so that a lot of us who shrink at
the idea of compiling on our own can install Evolution and use it?

And is there some way to communicate with the folks who maintain the
repositories to get them to keep up with the latest version of
Evolution?  They seem to do this with Thunderbird, with Chromium,
etc., but not with Evolution.

I'd offer you make contact with Wolf Drechsel. You can search the list
archive (https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/) of the last
three or four month by author to see, what he has done so far.
I'd contribute, too :-)
Best,
Thomas
--