Re: [Evolution] 3.16.3 on Ubuntu 15.10

On Tue, 2015-07-14 at 12:29 +0200, Herr Oswald wrote:
Could you please ask for building recent Evolution versions for
ubuntu 14.04 as well? - My argument would be, that it doesnt make
much sense to declare a OS version as "long term support" - and then
not to provide updates for really crucial software.

"Long term support" is for "long term support". You seem not to
understand that the policy of an Ubuntu LTS is not to risk breakage.
For a LTS there only will be upgrades, if there are really good reasons
to upgrade, e.g. for important security reasons. I'm using Arch Linux,
a rolling release, but even a rolling release provides LTS packages, at
least for linux (the kernel). IOW "long term support" means "no
upgrades unless there really, really is the need to upgrade, for a
really, really important reason". The upgrade you wich to get for
Evolution is not going to happen, because it would be the absolutely
opposite of a "long term support" to do this.

If you chose a distro, you need to care about the policy of the distro,
if you chose a release model distro, then you need to care about the
policy of the releases. If "long term support" doesn't fit to your
needs, then you need to chose a different release or perhaps a
different distro.

Regards,
Ralf