Re: [Evolution] Evolution migration from Computer to Notebok

On Sat, 2015-07-11 at 15:39 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Sat, 2015-07-11 at 14:09 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
That wasn't the point I was making. You said something about Google

and the NSA. The question of legal decryption is entirely separate.

Another subscriber mentioned Google and the NSA, it wasn't me.

Apologies, you are correct.

Btw. even if mails wouldn't get sniffed and analysed, we can't expect
that deleting from a provider's server will really shred the mails on
this server and we completely don't have impact to other servers
those
mails passed. IMO mails that aren't encrypted anyway should be
deleted
after retrieving and they are better preserved on a private computer.

Unless you're running an SMTP server on your own machine, to which
everyone who ever sends you email connects *directly* (from their own
machine, not using a webmail system, and of course using an encrypted
channel), then your mail is going through multiple intermediaries, any
one of which can keep a copy of it.

This is the way email has always worked. Deleting messages from the
final stage IMAP or POP server after download does nothing to prevent
this.

poc