Re: [Evolution] Evolution migration from Computer to Notebok

On Sat, 2015-07-11 at 10:17 +0200, rabre hispeed ch wrote:
I use POP mail because:
I keep all mail that has me very, very often helped and at the end of
the year I make a backup.
No IMAP profile has enough space for a year-backup.
I must be able to read offline, my connection is fast but the
provider very unreliable. So I can write at a pinch even letters or
give a fax.

Evolution supports off-line IMAP. Google gives 15GB free. Fastmail has
reportedly an excellent IMAP service at reasonable cost.

I have a PC and a notebook, so I can not build a remote server
separately.
I do not know very well documented in German small remote server with
a good community.
I have no experience in Setting up a server.
Is there any such thing as an instant remote server, which would be
suitable to that?

No-one is recommending that you run your own server, especially as you
have no experience of this. I guess you could configure a cloud service
(e.g. Amazon) to run your own server software but let's just say it
would be a learning experience. You can also rent server instances
preconfigured for mail or web services. You still have to administer
them.

Today, hard drives big and cheap and shit on the quality.
This should be considered at the next evolution generation IMHO.

File an RFE if you feel strongly about it.

I have no experience with different versions of Evolution.
Data security is very important to me.

Which kind of security? Privacy? Authenticity? Reliability?

The fact is that Google is a NSA Tocher: At least everything is read
and controlled and not just mail, cell phones, telephones, etc.
Therefore NSA is the name of the world terrorist organization No. 1.
Please remember Snowden...

What makes you think your email is secure right now? If you aren't
using encryption for all your messages, it isn't safe from state-level
snooping, no matter what the company is called. And if you are using
encryption, be sure you know exactly what you're doing.

I don't know what "NSA Tocher" means, though I suspect it's not
complimentary.

poc