Re: [Evolution] Endless "Empty cache file" errors

On Fri, 2015-01-16 at 22:47 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
It's always best to have the most recent version.

I'd love to, but sadly there isn't an official PPA setup for my distro.
I've tried building from source a while ago, but it was a non-trivial
exercise for Evolution and I ended up running into dependency hell.

A couple of thoughts - it may actually be the filter rule just before
this one and the error is manifested when it starts the next rule.  So
have a look at that one as well (if you move the email as part of a
rule, it is often good to put a "Stop processing" action on it as well).

That's a good idea. I put the junk rule filter as my first one and added
a Stop processing action.

Is your Junk folder a "real folder" - if so, I wonder if setting the
Junk status in a filter is confusing things (i.e. setting the status
causes the message to be moved without the filter knowing about it).

Actually I think it shouldn't matter because the rule just said to set
its status as junk, but not to explicitly move it anywhere. The actual
spam engine integration then sees the flag and moves it into a virtual
junk folder after.

If you still can't find out what's causing it, then try running Evo from
the command line with some debugging variables turned on - I thought
there was one specifically to debug filters, but I can't find it at the
moment.

That's a good idea. So far it seems to still be behaving itself, so I'll
keep that in mind if it starts acting up again.

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred