Re: [Evolution] [EWS] Losing messages in Evolution with Android phone also configured

On Mon, 2015-01-05 at 12:26 -0800, Colin Kincaid Williams wrote:
After deleting the cache, I am still having issues with missing
mails compared to OWA and my phone. I'm not sure what else to check.
If anybody has any ideas, let me know. For now, I'm going to try
comparing against Thunderbird.

        Hi,
evolution-ews uses "incremental updates", which works as the server
defines some "tag" of the current folder state and then the client
asks for changes since that particular tag. Either some error happened
which prevented evolution-ews to download all messages or you have set
some filter in that folder. I cannot imagine any other option (the
messages cannot be set with a Junk or a Deleted flag, such messages
are moved to the real folders on the server on the change save. The
local cache deletion took away any such local, but not remotely saved,
flags too).

The local cache contains a folders.db file, which has a local summary
of recognized messages on the server, for each Mail folder. This file
can be opened and examined with any SQLite3 capable (GUI) tool, like
for example sqliteman. Then you can check whether the local summary
contains the missing message or not (if it does, then there is some
filtering or any such condition which prevents it from being shown in
Evolution's UI). One possible way to see how many messages are saved
in an Inbox folder is to run this command:
   $ sqlite3 ~/.cache/evolution/mail/<ews-account-uid>/folders.db \
       "select count(*) from 'inbox';"
The count may mach the message count shown in evolution on the left,
above the folders tree. You can also search for a particular subject
with this command:
   $ sqlite3 ~/.cache/evolution/mail/<ews-account-uid>/folders.db \
       "select uid,subject from 'inbox' where subject like \"%text%\";"
Beware, all this is quite low-level debugging.
        Bye,
        Milan