Re: [Evolution] email colours

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 14:20:38 +0000, Emilio Recio wrote:
Yeah, whatever the pre-req's are they need to be installed obviously.
Here's the configure steps that I use for compiling (after installing
the pre-req's):

Explaining how to compile and if wanted how to build a package for an
Ubuntu derivative distro isn't the issue, if there should be no
dependency inconsistencies. The issue is that there most likely will be
inconsistencies and most likely they cause a dependency hell.

On the right site of the Debian Tracker links there are the Ubuntu
related sources:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/evolution-data-server
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/evolution

The sources include patches, configure options, build dependencies, all
the needed info to build split packages for Ubuntu flavours and
most likely for the Ubuntu derivative the OP is using too.

Ubuntu even provides already Evolution 3.18.3 by the official
repositories of the development branch.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/evolution

Instead of using your hints, the OP should use the Debian/Ubuntu
sources and package build tools, assumed building Evolution should be
an option for the OP. I doubt that it's possible to build latest
version of Evolution by using shared libraries from the official
repositories of the Ubuntu release the OP's distro is based upon.

It's not impossible to build Evolution, but it most likely requires
much more effort, than just providing a few config options. Maybe the
PPA the OP wants to use, does provide evolution, perhaps without the
need to use shared libraries or by updating shared libraries too.

To cut a long story short, if you like to provide hints, take care
about the distro the OP is using. Actually I don't know the OP's
distro, but I at least have some knowledge about Ubuntu flavours. Other
than e.g. Arch and maybe the RPM based distro you are using, Ubuntu is
a release model distro with likely outdated dependencies, IOW it's
most likely not that easy to build latest Evolution for a distro based
on a release of Ubuntu.