Re: [Evolution] email colours

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 12:55:29 +0000, Emilio Recio wrote:
I just installed the *-devel packages for evolution. This installed the
prerequisite *-devel libs, etc. Removed the specifically named
evolution packages. Killed all the specifically named evolution
background running programs. Then I downloaded the source, and
compiled it.

To get build dependencies there are several ways to archive this,
installing the devel packages, that belong to a package of
software you want to build, unlikely does the job. One way that might
work is to run

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get build-dep evolution

but this might not install all dependencies, that might be required for
a new version of Evolution, it just will install the build dependencies
required for the source package. Anyway, it might work.

There are also several ways to build Evolution packages or just one package
containing all in one, instead of installing it without building a package.

It doesn't harm if the OP backups the install before continuing.