Re: [Evolution] Issues with labels and flags

On Thu, 2015-12-03 at 21:55 -0500, Mark Foley wrote:
 CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution &>log.txt

Ha! If you can tell me how to do that, I'd be glad to try. Is that
CAMEL... line you have the howto? Do I just type that at a command
line, as is? Do I have to be root? Do I do it before starting
Evolution? Need a bit more info on this.

He told you how to do it, just type the line into a terminal window.
You're not doing it *before* starting Evo, you're doing it *in order
to* start Evo (i.e. quit Evo before doing this). Not as root, just in
your normal account.

There's really nothing mysterious about this. It's a perfectly normal
Shell command line. The "CAMEL_DEBUG=" part is setting the value of an
environment variable that means something to Evo once it starts, and
the "&>log.txt" part is just sending the command's diagnostic output to
a local file for logging.

See also: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging

poc