Re: [Evolution] Issues with labels and flags

Mark Foley wrote:
Milan's point about Thunderbird answers another question (why label
names are
the same in Tbird and Evolution).  But here's the thing: When I 'tag'
something
to e.g.  "Personal" in Thunderbird (green), it shows up as green in
Evolution.
But when I 'label' something as "Personal" (green) in Evolution, it
does not
show in Thunderbird.  'Tagging' in Thunderbird adds tag letters to
the IMAP
filename (e.g.  the trailing "b" in cur/1449002747.6406_0.mail:2,Sb).
'Labeling' in Evolution does not.

Is it an IMAP account or a local Maildir? Or are you looking at the
filename at the server filesystem?

It looks like what Dovecot does for locally storing the label (in
addition of using the index):
 http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/Maildir#IMAP_keywords

In that case, evolution seems to be doing something "wrong" (or perhaps
not recognising that the server can store them), as Dovecot isn't
picking them (while with thunderbird it does). Can you provide the IMAP
commands sent by evolution?

In order to get evolution log, you can use:
 CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution &>log.txt