Re: [Evolution] Can't expunge Junk folder

On Sat, 2014-09-13 at 17:09 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2014-09-13 at 15:41 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
 Yes. I guess it's because it's a virtual folder and there is no
way to
 only expunge specific messages in the corresponding physical
folders.

        Hi,
that's true.

I wondered if that was the reason. However according to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4315 (Section 2.1) there is an IMAP
extension (UID EXPUNGE) which allows specific messages to be
expunged.

The old IMAP provider (before IMAP+) had a way to expunge "selected"
messages, even without the extension (as not every server supports
such extension then there should always be some fallback, right?)
which was like "remove \Deleted flag from all messages which should
not be deleted; call EXPUNGE; restore the \Deleted flag". The IMAP+
doesn't have any such code, if I recall correctly.

For the time being, expunge a trash folder, instead of the Junk folder.

By the way, On This Computer/Junk gathers messages from On This
Computer folders only. The limitation is slightly lower in the stack,
not only with the IMAP provider. I know there is filled an enhancement
request to be able to expunge only selected messages (like delete in a
Trash folder), which is similar to this expunge in a Junk folder, at
least partially.
        Bye,
        Milan