Re: [Evolution] Can't expunge Junk folder

On Sat, 2014-09-13 at 15:41 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sat, 2014-09-13 at 14:10 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I've just noticed that when I'm in the Junk folder (which is local,
under On This Computer) File->Expunge is greyed out even when there is a
bunch of messages marked for deletion. File->Empty Trash works. Expunge
also works in other folders.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yes. I guess it's because it's a virtual folder and there is no way to
only expunge specific messages in the corresponding physical folders.

I wondered if that was the reason. However according to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4315 (Section 2.1) there is an IMAP
extension (UID EXPUNGE) which allows specific messages to be expunged.

poc