Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.10.4 -- CANNOT MAKE VALID BACKUP FILE

On Sun, 2014-09-07 at 10:08 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
Every time I make the backup file and transfer to the other PC using
several different USB devices including high capacity ( 3 TG) backup
drives from Toshiba and WD Passport, I get Invalid Backup File when I
attempt to restore my data.  Archive size is 4.6 GB.

Is the USB device formatted as VFAT? If so, files can't be larger than
4GB, no matter how large the drive or partition is. You need to format
the drive as ext4 (or ntfs or exfat if you need Windows compatibility).

poc