Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.10.4 -- CANNOT MAKE VALID BACKUP FILE

On Sun, 2014-09-07 at 10:08 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
I need to transfer my Evolution 3.10.4 to another PC.  This is urgent
and cannot be ignored.

Every time I make the backup file and transfer to the other PC using
several different USB devices including high capacity ( 3 TG) backup
drives from Toshiba and WD Passport, I get Invalid Backup File when I
attempt to restore my data.  Archive size is 4.6 GB.

What do I need to do to get a valid backup file?

Thank you,

John

Sounds like you are hitting the file size limit for the file system you
have on your backup device.  Perhaps if you format your backup device to
ext4 or the like.

Bart