Re: [Evolution] evolution-list Digest, Vol 110, Issue 13

Hi there,

On Mon, 8 Sep 2014, John Lauterbach wrote:

I need to transfer my Evolution 3.10.4 to another PC.  This is urgent
and cannot be ignored.

Well I can ignore it. :)

Make better plans next time.  Test your backups regularly.  If you
haven't recovered any of your backups lately, they might be worthless.

Every time I make the backup file and transfer to the other PC using
several different USB devices including high capacity ( 3 TG) backup
drives from Toshiba and WD Passport, I get Invalid Backup File when I
attempt to restore my data.  Archive size is 4.6 GB.

Why not try rsync?  You don't need to do the whole thing at once.  To
be frank I really don't think USB devices are especially well-suited
to backup purposes.  If it's so important, get a NAS devce or similar.

--

73,
Ged.