Re: [Evolution] Broken threading (was: Restoring data to new HDD [OT])

On Sat, 2014-10-25 at 14:11 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
Alpine is doing the right thing and uses the messages IDs from the
*digest* message. But that is the *incorrect* message to reply to.

I don't receive the Evo digest, but I remember that mailman digest's
lists all mails in one mail's body. Once I was subscribed to Debian
user's digest, they sent the mails as attachments, so the different
mails had their own IDs. Sure, there still is the need to reply to an
attached mail, when replying to the digest mail, there still would be
the issue. However, to quote mails in the body of a digest mail instead
of attaching the mails is an issue. Somebody who receives a digest will
edit the subject, but can't keep the thread. IMO the blame is on
mailman's digest.