Re: [Evolution] Invisible unsendable reply.

On Mon, 2014-10-20 at 11:32 -0300, Stephen Blake wrote:
I have apparently still not done it right.  Now I'm being accused of
hijacking a thread.

How can I hijack my own thread?

A thread is not just governed by the "Subject:" header, it is also
determined by various email headers such as "References:" and
"In-Reply-To:".  Consequently, if you press "Reply" on another message
as a shortcut for the address you want to send an email to and just
change the subject, then the email appears as if it is actually a
*reply* to that message in the threaded list.  When you sent a message
at 9:14 your time, it looks like you sent it in reply to a message by
Milan in the 3.12.7 seg fault thread.  If you turn on threading in Evo
(Ctrl-T), then you will see what we mean.  The consequence is that your
messages appear in a different thread, that is what is meant by
hijacking a thread.

I think I'll drop it, and erase evolution.  I can use the kdm reader
instead.

That's entirely up to you.

P.