Re: [Evolution] indefinite network connection timeouts, again

Am Mittwoch, den 08.10.2014, 23:25 -0400 schrieb Eugene Kanter:
Every time I start my 3.12.5 (Fedora 20 copr repository) "Refreshing
folder.." status messages with animated foot stay indefinitely.

What accounts do you have? What provider do you use? What account type
is that?

The workaround is to select File->Work Offline, kill evolution process
(it does not exit upon File->Exit) by sending two kill signals in a row,
restart evolution and switch to online mode.

I've been reporting different indefinite timeouts for several years and
releases

Could you please list the bug reports you submitted?

with neither debug nor workaround solution offered.

Please follow [1]. Please submit a bug report with the content of
`logfile` from the command below and mention the report number and URL
in your reply.

        CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& logfile

Should it hang again, please do

        $ ps aux | grep evolution # look at PID of Evolution process
        $ gdb --pid evolution-pid # substitute evolution-pid with the
        PID \
        from above

Please make sure you have the debug packages installed in Fedora.

In the GDB command line, do the following.

        (gdb) set logging on /tmp/20141009--evolution-hang-taabtf.txt
        (gdb) t a a bt f
        (gdb) exit

Please look at `tmp/20141009--evolution-hang-taabtf.txt` to not contain
any passwords (it should not) and paste the content of the file into the
comment of your bug report.

Needless to say that other mail clients don't exhibit any network
problems on the same system...

That’s a good indication that Evolution can be fixed.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging