Re: [Evolution] Migrate data from 2.28,3 to 3.10.4

On Sat, 2014-10-044 at 17:27 +0200 Ralf Mardof wrote:
You can download from an IMAP server and delete them there too and
even store IMAP in your home, but that's where the issues with IMAP
started for me, by getting duplicated emails. I'm using POP, but I
never upgraded by such huge steps as 2.28.3 to 3.10.4. Nowadays I'm
using a rolling release, so I only update from one to the next
release.

While the issue of IMAP v. POP has been widely commented, I have not seen comments in the thread about the
Linux Mint update procedure outlined here:

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2

The process involves making an backup of the home directory (for which Mint provides a tool), which would
include the Evo data. I would follow the Evo backup procedure to try to restore later. However, the Mint
update procedure should be sufficient to assure that there is a separate copy of all data.

another and used the procedure described earlier for creating a file and treating it as a separate account
and then moving the messages to "my" account. The approach works perfectly and is something I first learned
after trying Kmail . . . and discovering after the fact that it had no export function!