Re: [Evolution] Localized versions of Re?

On Tue, 2014-11-25 at 12:49 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Tue, 2014-11-25 at 08:27 +0100, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
Is it possible to configure Evolution to recognize other variations ot Re and Fw in the subject?
Like in Norwegian, many MUA uses Sv instead of Re, so my subject line end up looking like this: Re: Sv:
Re: Sv: ......
Any way to "fix" this?

Did you check Evolution's Help?

andre

If you did not find that topic covered in the Help then I'd like to know
what/how you tried to find that topic. :)

Help > Contents > Search for "Re"

"Handling localized "Re:" in subjects
Traditionally a "Re:" prefix is added to a subject line when replying to
an email. Some email applications use localized terms for this (like
"SV:" in Danish or "AW: in German). Evolution can recognize these terms
to avoid subject lines getting longer as the conversation continues.
Open the Terminal application.
Run the command gsettings set
org.gnome.evolution.mail.composer-localized-re 'AW:,SV:' (in case that
you want "AW:" and "SV:" to be recognized).
You can also use the dconf-editor application to do this."

Ok, that indeed just takes a few seconds.

I guess we users often ignore help, because it's seldom that usable as
Evolution's help is. I didn't know it before you replied. The OP perhaps
experienced help options of other software as useless too.

Evolutions help is good work!