[Evolution] Message read/un-read problem

Hi,

After reading a mail using the preview window the message is displayed
as "read", i.e. with the colour "grey". But after a while (the next
"check for new messages"???) the message is displayed again as "unread",
i.e. with the colour "black".

Does anyone recognise this? Is this a known feature a.k.a. bug? Is there
something I can do about this (very annoying) behaviour?

I am using Evolution 3.12.7 on Debian Jessie and my IMAP e-mail server
is Dovecot. Note: Icedove (Thunderbird) does not exhibit this behaviour,
so I assume that Dovecot is not to blame).

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld