Re: [Evolution] Evolution performance bottleneck

Hi Harvey,

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Harvey Nimmo <harvey nimmo de> wrote:
Does anyone have an idea where I should look to find out why my
Evolution is now so excruciatingly slow?

I am running Evolution 3.12.7 under Gnome 3.14.1 on Opensuse 13.2
(64-bit) on my desktop computer, having moved from Opensuse 13.1.

There are 2 email accounts, one under POP (deleting all mails from the
POP server after downloading) and the other under EWS.

I think one good start is to run one account at a time ( by disabling,
not deleting them ) and seeing if this is a problem with one of them (
more likely ) or an interaction between the both .

Cheers,

Robert

On starting evolution, it seems that the EWS account works as expected,
but the POP account mails are being downloaded one at a time needing
about 2-3 minutes per email. Is there a time-out somewhere that I can
tweak?

I think my evolution configuration is a little screwed up anyway. None
of the emails I delete are shown in the Wastebasket, but if I expunge
the wastebasket it is obviously cleaning up something as it needs the
appropriate time to store the folder.

Cheers
Harvey