Re: [Evolution] MOVE in imapx and unexpected server response

On Wed, 2014-11-05 at 13:26 +0100, Valentin David wrote:
Here is what I get in the logs:

[imapx:C] I/O: 'C00109 UID MOVE 179221 "Commit mseq"'
[imapx:C] I/O: '[COPYUID 35 179221 15912]
* 17915 EXPUNGE
* 17926 EXISTS
C00109 OK MOVE completed.'
[imapx:C] Data read failed with error 'unexpected server response:'

I suppose that the "EXISTS" is not expected. This error happens for
every move. It makes my filter completely useless when there is more
than one move.

Tested with evolution-data-server 3.12.4 and 3.13.6.

        Hi,
your IMAP server advertises that it supports UID MOVE, thus the IMAPx
in Evolution tries to use it. The problem is that the server returns
something what it might not, according to the IMAPx implementation
expectations. The '*' at the beginning of the line is fine, it denotes
untagged responses, which can come anytime. The problem might be with
the first line, the '[COPYUID...]'.

When I look into an example of the client <-> server communication of
the UID MOVE IMAP command at RFC 6851 [1], then I see there a
difference, the "[COPYUID..." in the example is prefixed with "* OK",
which is missing in your IMAPx log.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6851#page-4