Re: [Evolution] Linux hardware question

On 05/31/2014 03:41 PM, Per wrote:
On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Jimmy Montague <rhetoric101 hughes net> wrote:
​​

​​
On 05/31/2014 02:51 PM, Andre Klapper wrote:
​​
On Sat, 2014-05-31 at 13:53 -0500, Jimmy Montague wrote:
​​
1) how much computing power do I need to build a linux firewall that
​​
will service a LAN with five other (mostly windoze) computers on it?
​​
Notice I'm talking hardware only here. I don't yet know enough to ask
​​
software and networking questions.
Hi
​​
Jimmy,
co
​​
uld you please bring this up in a general Linux forum or mailing list?
It
​​
is off-topic here, since this mailing list is about the GNOME
​​
volution software.
​​

​​
Thanks for your understanding,
​​
andre
​​

​​
Di
​​
​​
​​
you look at the part that says I now have Evolution running on Ubuntu Linux with NO PROBLEMS after I bought a fastmail account. Is that off-topic, too?
​​

​​
I t
​​
​​
​​
ink I can unsubscribe but I'm not sure just how. Is it a message sent to 'list' with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line -- or is there more to it than that? -- or is 'unsubscribe' of
​​
f-
​​
​​
topic, too?
Relax. Andre was right (and he was polite too). Your firewall question is indeed off-topic.

unsubscribe questions are not strictly speaking off-topic, but they are answered indirectly in the footer of every mail you receive from this group.

Regards,
Per
I assure you I am totally relaxed. I wasn't rude -- that's your perception -- and I meant every word I said. If I can't ask hardware questions around here then I don't want to be here. And NO. There is nothing in the footer of the message that tells me how to unsubscribe. So you can either tell me how to do it or I'll put a hex on the list address and everything you send will be deleted before I see it.

So we can do it neat or we can do it sloppy. But we WILL do it one way or the other.

Jimmy