[Evolution] Linux hardware question

I have a perfectly good, empty, XT case laying around here. It even has a new power supply in it. So I want to ask a couple of questions of the group.

1) how much computing power do I need to build a linux firewall that will service a LAN with five other (mostly windoze) computers on it? Notice I'm talking hardware only here. I don't yet know enough to ask software and networking questions.

Thanks for any advice.

Jimmy

Oh, and by the bye: I went and bought a fastmail account. Evolution now works PERFECTLY on Ubuntu 14.04. It's sleek fast, beautiful, and remembers everthing I tell it for four hours now, and counting. Thank you very much and I'm sorry to be a pill.

Jimmy again