Re: [Evolution] Tracker slows down evolution while indexing

On Sat, 2014-05-17 at 09:26 +0200, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
Le vendredi 16 mai 2014 à 19:33 +0200, Milan Crha a écrit :
Maybe your distribution has the tracker's evolution plugin packaged in
separate package, thus you would be able to uninstall only it, or the
tracker has an option to disable evolution's mail indexing. I do not
use
neither tracker, nor Debian, thus I cannot tell for sure. I'm sorry.
You are right. I could uninstall tracker and everything went fine.
Especially, when using tracker, each time evolution is being closed, it
takes 10 to 20 seconds to close Evolution. After removal of tracker,
evolution closes instantly. I am back to normal, but you should all know
here that tracker really does NOT work.

NO, this is a false statement.  Tracker works.  Evolutions works.  Your
version + build + installation of Tracker + Evolution apparently has
issues; it is fallacious to say that means either of them "does NOT
work".

You never even specified your version of Evolution or your version of
Tracker.

You didn't even say what "After removal of tracker" meant.  Did you
remove the Evolution plugin for Tracker or all of Tracker...

Please refrain from publishing unjustified defamatory statements to the
Internet.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383